Announcement of O&A Level/IGCSE Exam Plans 2020-21
Dear Students, Parents & Guardians,
In continuation with our previous communication with regards to the cancellation of the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) O & A Level exams that were scheduled up to 31st May, 2020, we have made the following decisions:
Plans for O Level Class 9 Students:
- Online teaching and learning will continue for O Level Class 9 students until summer break is announced.
- Face-to-face teaching will resume on 1st June.
- Class 9’s End of Year exams will be conducted in July and students will be promoted to Class 10 from August 2020.
Plans for O Level Class 10 Students:
- Students will take Pakistan Studies, Islamiat (Global Perspectives wherever applicable) in the October/November session 2020.
- Schools opting for Urdu First Language or Second Language at the end of Class 10 C will sit their exam in Oct/Nov 2020.
- Online teaching and learning will continue for O Level Class 10 students until summer break is announced.
- Face-to-face teaching will resume on 1st June and the Mocks/ End of Year exam will be conducted mid-July 2020.
- Students will be promoted to Class 11 on 5th August 2020.
- Revision classes for Pakistan Studies and Islamiat (Urdu & Global Perspectives wherever applicable) will be conducted on Saturdays w.e.f August 2020.
Plans for O Level Class 11 Students:
- Students will sit their IGCSE and O Level exams in October/November 2020.
- Online teaching and learning will continue for O Level Class 11 students until summer break is announced.
- They will be promoted to A Level (provisionally) from 1st June and classes will start from 8 June 2020 after career counselling and subject selection sessions.
- Revision for O Level subjects will start at A Level campuses from August 2020.
- Revision tests will take place on Saturdays, beginning August 2020.
- Students will be given time off in Oct/Nov to take their O Level exams.
- The A Level session will resume from December 2020 (to be firmed up after the announcement of the CAIE examination timetable).
Plans for A1 Students:
- All AS entries will be cancelled and Cambridge will be asked to provide full refunds.
- Students will sit for composite A Level exams in May/June 2021.
- Students will resume classes from 1st June while End of Year exams will take place mid-July onwards.
- Students will be promoted to A2 from 1st August 2020 and regular classes will commence.
Plans for A2 Students:
- A2 students will sit their A Level exams in October/November 2020.
- Registrations will be carried forward to the Oct/Nov session. CAIE will share the process with schools. BSS is also in touch with CAIE about extending the validity of the AS taken by these students in 2019.
- Career Advisors at all BCP campuses will work with students individually to support them in their university admissions.
These steps obviously disrupt the usual pattern of the academic session; you will understandably have many questions. This communication offers our initial answers. We will keep you updated as we cope with the extraordinary challenge posed by the coronavirus threat.
Beaconhouse School System.